- Method of distributing electronic content via RSS (Really Simple Syndication/Rich Site Summary) – Web syndication format that allows for users to subscribe to feeds without the need to revisit the original site manually.
- Content may be downloaded or streamed to a local device i.e. MP3 player or computer, for immediate or future use.
- Non-platform specific
- Use of podcasting technology in an educational environment, often including course content.
- Enhancing the educational experience for students
- Student accommodations
- Public outreach
- Students LOVE it – say it shows their faculty go the extra mile
- Does NOT decrease attendance
- Only one faculty has dropped out in over 10 years
- Guest lecturers like to receive the link to their presentations
- Culture of institutions varies widely
Let’s look at stats