Three (3) credit hybrid course that will satisfy cultural diversity General
Education requirements. Explore cultural and healthcare issues in both the
United States and Ireland. What problems do the two countries share, and
what is unique to each country? How does that tie into health and healthcare? What could we learn from each other?
• One week online component: May 4-10, 2020
• Two, 8-hour days of in-the-seat class on campus: May 11-12, 2020
• Travel to Ireland 16 days: May 13-28, 2020
Plans are to visit a university campus, museums, historical sites, churches, hospitals, castles, geological sites of interest such as the Cliffs of Mohr, the Aran Islands, an Irish Coast Guard rescue squad, Kilmainham Gaol, the Emigration Museum, the Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, cultural restaurants, performances, and more.
• Earn cultural diversity credits.
• International learning experience in a beautiful country.
• Worldly perspective on culture and healthcare.
• Make an appointment with the Study Abroad Office.
• Talk to your advisor to discuss how this program will fit into your requirements.
• Make an appointment with the financial aid office to
see if your financial aid may apply.
• Visit lssu.edu/study-abroad/ and
download the application.
Program Dates: May 4 – 28, 2020
Application Period: Dec. 4, 2019 – Feb. 5, 2020
For more information contact:
• LSSU FINANCIAL AID MAY APPLY
• OPEN TO ALL DISCIPLINES